12. Закончите следующие предложения.
1. Many factors influence the composition of…
2. Milk contains a number of…
3. The major components of milk are…
4. These proteins increase…
5. Indeed more than 250 chemical compounds…
6. The proteins contained within the mother's milk are…
7. Milk provides man with…
13. Составьте предложения, объединяя по смыслу их части.
1) Although milk is a liquid a) are water, fat, protein,
2) Many factors influence carbohydrate, minerals.
3) Current feeding programs b) has the highest level of nutrients
4) The proteins contained c) completely white in colour
within the mother’s milk d) are the major components 5) The major components of milk contributing to the growth rate of the
6) Goat milk is young animals
7) Reindeer milk e) utilize computer technology to
achieve the greatest efficiency from
f) the composition of milk
g) it contains between 12 and 13 percent total solids
Согласитесь с данными ниже утверждениями или опровергните их с помощью следующих выражений.
I am sure Я уверен
I suppose Я предполагаю
I believe Я считаю
As far as I know Насколько я знаю
In my opinion По моему мнению
I am not sure Я не уверен
1) Milk is a liquid and it doesn’t contain total solids.
2) Goat milk has about the same nutrient composition as cow milk.
3) Reindeer milk has the lowest level of nutrients.
4) Indeed, more than 250 chemical compounds have been identified in milk.
5) The composition of milk doesn’t vary among mammals.
6) The major components of milk are water, fat, protein, carbohydrate, lactose and minerals.
7) The protein in about a litre of milk is approximately equivalent to that in 140 grams of meat or fish.
8) Milk doesn’t provide man with high-quality protein.
9) Protein contains all of the essential amino acids and in appreciable amounts.
10) Milk has also numerous highly important micronutrients such as vitamins, essential amino acids and trace minerals.
16. Дополните диалог.
Teacher: Is milk a liquid?
Helen: Yes, it…but it contains…
Teacher: Well, that’s right. What factors influence the composition of milk?
Helen: …influence the composition of milk.
Teacher: Yes, it’s true. What can feed of poor quality cause?
Helen: I don’t know exactly but I suppose it can cause…
Teacher: Yes, you are right. Thank you for the answer.
17. Ответьте на вопросы.
1) Why is milk be regarded as a food?
2) What factors influence the composition of milk?
3) Does the composition of milk vary among mammals?
4) Why is goat milk completely white in colour?
5) Whom is goat milk prescribed for?
6) Whose milk has the highest level of nutrients?
7) What are the major components of milk?
8) How many chemical components have been identified in milk?
9) What does protein contain?
10)What does milk provide man with?
Составьте рассказ на одну из предложенных тем, используя следующие слова и
Composition of milk
Major components, important, micronutrients, vitamins, protein, carbohydrate, to identify in milk, 250 chemical compounds, fat, to contain.
Nutritional value of milk
Proteins, to provide characteristics, to be utilized for, to be equivalent to, provide man with high-quality protein.
Beta-carotene, to be completely white in colour , to be converted to, to be easily digested, to prescribe for, to be allergic to.
Sheep and reindeer milks
Rich in nutrients, to have 18 percent total solids, to have the highest level of nutrients, high-fat, high-protein milks, excellent, dairy products, cheese, ingredients.
19. Прочитайте и переведите рецепт салата с йогуртом.
Quick Curried Shrimp Salad
Total: 30 min
¾ cup plain nonfat yogurt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 pound cleaned cooked shrimp, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cucumber-peeled, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
Salt and freshly ground pepper
¼ cup roasted and salted shelled sunflower seeds
1. Scoop the yogurt into a paper towel-lined colander set over a bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. You should end up with ½ cup yogurt.
2. Heat the olive oil in a small skillet. Add the scallions and garlic and cook over high heat, stirring, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Scrape into a medium bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the shrimp, cucumber and drained yogurt, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the sunflower seeds over the salad and serve.
One serving 252 cal, 13 gm rat, 1.8 gm saturated fat, 7 gm carb, 2 gm fiber.
Make ahead. The shrimp salad can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 6 hours. Sprinkle the sunflower seeds over the salad just before serving. Serve with whole wheat pita.
 indigenous-местный, коренной
 slash- вырубка
 cytochrome- a protein belonging to a group that contains iron and plays a role in cell respiration
 ferredoxin- an iron-containing protein found in plants that is active in photosynthesis
 auxin- a natural plant hormone or synthetic substance that affects the growth and development of all plant parts
osmoregulation- control of the concentration of dissolved substances in the cells and body fluids of an animal
 urease- an enzyme in some bacteria and seeds that breaks down urea to produce carbon dioxide and ammonia
 N-nitrogen азот
 to fetch достигать
to lodge полечь от ветра
 sulphur deficiency недостаток серы
 random order-наугад
Дата: 2018-11-18, просмотров: 350.