4. Ответьте на следующие вопросы к тексту:
1) What do most American families consist of?
2) American families usually maintain separate households, don’t they?
3) Where do an aging grandparent live?
4) What is frequent between parents and their married children and between married sisters and brothers?
5) How do the families keep in touch by if they don’t live together?
6) The father often expects his children to obey him without question, doesn’t he?
7) What is the old rule in the family?
8) How do the husband and wife usually take an important decision?
9) What are foreign observers frequently amazed by?
Выпишите из текста глагольные формы, укажите время и залог.
Выпишите из текста существительные в единственном числе, поставьте их во множественное число.
Выпишите из текста прилагательные, укажите их сравнительную и превосходную степень.
Выпишите из текста предложения с модальными глаголами или их эквивалентами, напишите отрицания к данным предложениям и переведите их на русский язык. Поставьте данные предложения во времена Future, Past or Present.
9. Поставьте вопросы к выделенным в предложениях словам или словосочетаниям.
Дайте предложениям последнего абзаца отрицательную форму.
Преобразуйте предложения под номерами 1, 2, 3, 4 из активного залога в пассивный.
Поставьте глагол в нужном времени.
1. Look out of the window. (It, rain)?
2. Some people (to paint) their houses every year.
3. My friend (to play) tennis now.
4. When my parents (to be young), they (not, to have) their own flat.
5. He (to arrive) in New York tomorrow.
6. Mary is at home. She (to eat) dinner and (to listen) to music.
7. He is retiring next year. He (to have) nothing to do.
8. The director sometimes (to forget) people's names.
9. What (to make) you give up jogging?
10. When Susie (to feel) bad, she (to prefer) to stay in bed.
11. The boy (work) at his father's farm, (to go) to the Art Institute in Kansas City and many years later he (to found) his own cartoon company. The boy was Walt Disney.
12. Has Ben finished his homework? - No, he still (to do) it.
Образуйте вопросительную и отрицательную формы предложений.
1. I get up at seven o'clock.
2. They will stay at home tomorrow.
3. Mrs. Sweet taught Geography at school.
4. The swimming bath opens at 9.00.
5. Mom is cooking dinner now.
6. My father will have some free time on Saturday.
7. She came home late yesterday.
8. I was drawing at 7 o'clock yesterday.
9. He usually goes to school by bus.
10. Susan will go to the post-office tomorrow.
11. We are playing football now.
12. They were very busy yesterday.
Образуйте форму притяжательного падежа .
The answers of the students, things of his elder brother, the novels of Dickens, the wives of my brothers, the textbook of my friend, the dream of the little girl, the children of my mother's friend.
Выберите правильную форму местоимений.
1. This is my house. Do you like (it, him, his, its)?
2. He doesn't like animals. He is afraid of (him, it, them, they).
3. (Mine, my) task is more interesting than (your, yours).
4. He is so handsome! Look at (he, his, him)!
5. Will you check (my, mine) paper and I'll check (your, yours) test.
6. She didn't come. What happened to (she, her, hers)?
7. Who is this girl? I don't recognize (she, her, him)
Заполните пропуски соответствующими артиклями.
1. Don't sit on ... floor. It's very dirty.
2. Our apartment is on ... third floor.
3. I don't know everybody in this photograph. Who is ... man on ... left?
4. What do you usually have for ... breakfast?
5. Can you tell me ... time, please?
6. What time do you usually get... home from work?
7. ... Cambridge and ... Oxford Universities are … oldest universities in ... Great Britain.
8. What time do you start work in ... morning?
9. Why is he in ... prison? He hasn't done anything wrong.
10. Braille is ... system of reading and writing by touch for... blind.
11. The other day the fire brigade had to go to ... prison to put out a fire.
12. When I went to Rome, I stayed with ... Italian friend of mine.
Дата: 2018-12-28, просмотров: 190.