1. Lisa is going to the cinema ____.
2. She has to phone Chris___.
3. She isn’t doing anything special ___.
4. She’s got a driving lesson___.
5. She’s going to a party ___.
6. She’s meeting Sam ___.
Exercise 4. Write at/on/in if necessary.
1. I’m leaving ___ Friday.
2. I’m leaving ___ next Friday
3. I always feel tired ___ the evening.
4. Will you be at home ___ this evening?
5. We went to France ___ last summer.
6. Laura was born ___ 1975.
7. What are you doing ___ the weekend?
8. I phone Robert ___ every Sunday.
9. Shall we play tennis ___ next Sunday?
10. I can’t go to the party ___ Sunday.
11. I’m going out. I’ll be back ___ an hour.
12. I don't often go out ___ night.
Exercise 5. Fill in the blanks with the prepositions of time in, on, at where necessary.
1. I usually finish work early ___ Friday. I don't work ___ the weekend.
2. Let's meet ___ five ___ Sunday, July 14.
3. I am busy ___ the moment. Come ___ ten minutes' time, please.
4. There was a boat race in Southampton ___ Easter Day. A lot of people usually come there ___ Easter to see the race.
5. Can you imagine what the world will be like ___ the year 2100?
6. When will you have your holiday, ___ winter or ___ summer? — I'll have it late ___ August.
7. We started off ___ midnight and reached the place of destination ___ twelve hours ___ noon.
8. I was in France in 1997. ___ that time I was working as a waiter in a small cafe.
9. ___ the age of sixteen he left his parents' house.
10. ___ her wedding day she got up ___ dawn.
11. You must come and have tea with us ___ next Thursday. Are you free ___ Thursday?
12. I received a lot of presents ___ my birthday.
13. Leonardo da Vinci lived and worked __ the Middle Ages.
14. ___ every day he got up early ___ the morning and went to bed late ___ night.
15. ___ the 19th century many people died of cholera and smallpox.
Exercise 6. Use in, on, at, by, until if necessary.
1. Students usually have their exams ___ the end of each term.
2. The book was rather simple. I read it ___ a day.
3. He switched on the radio and TV ___ the same time.
4. It was difficult to persuade her but ___ the end she agreed to our proposal.
5. He is very punctual, his lectures always begin ___ time.
6. She nearly forgot about their meeting, but fortunately she remembered it ___ time.
7. They will be working ___ 7 o'clock today.
8. Hurry up! I'm afraid, ___ the time we get to the station, the train will have already left.
9. Have you finished translating the book? – Not yet. I hope to finish it ___ the end of the month.
10. ___ what time did he come? — He came late ___ the evening, ___midnight, if I am not mistaken.
11. Boogie-woogie became popular in the United States ___ the 1950s.
12. They came back ___ sunset, tired and hungry.
13. They went to the canteen ___ lunchtime.
14. ___the past he used to be a skilled surgeon.
15. I am sure, he will be well again ___ several days.
16. Bill is always late. He’s never ___ time for work.
17. I woke up just ____ time to see the sunrise this morning.
18. We’re having guests tonight, so make sure you’re home ___ time to welcome them.
19. If we hurry, we’ll get to the station ___ time to catch the train.
Exercise 7. Fill in at the beginning, in the beginning, at the end or in the end.
1. She didn't feel very confident ___ of her career, but she has changed a lot since then.
2. ___ the work was interesting, but now I find it boring.
3. It was a difficult situation, but ___ everything worked out nicely.
4. There is a revision chapter ___ of the book.
5. She didn’t know anyone ___ but then she made lots of friends.
6. ___ of the week the weather was awful, but then it improved.
7. The big new supermarket is ___ of the street.
8. The story has a tragic beginning, but fortunately ___ everything turns out well
9. ___ nothing grew on the land, but it is covered with trees now.
10. I’ll send you the money ___ of the month.
Exercise 8 . Fill in the gaps with for, since during, while.
1. I've known her ___ last October.
2. I have been learning English ___ five years.
3. The film was boring and he went to sleep ___ the film.
4. He got acquainted with a very beautiful girl ___ the holiday.
5. He got acquainted with a very beautiful girl ___ he was on holiday.
6. She worked in a café ___ her holiday. She worked there ___ two months.
7. He has been playing the violin ___ eight years.
8. I often read newspapers ___ a meal.
9. It happened ___ they were asleep.
10. You'll have to be quiet ___ the performance.
11. Were there any telephone calls ___ I was out?
12. Where have you been? I have been waiting for you ___ two hours, ___ 12 o'clock! I've drunk three cups of coffee ___ that time. If I had had a book, I would have read it ___ I was waiting for you.
13. There are lots of people in the streets ___ the carnival.
14. She has been living in the country ___ the beginning of the summer.
15. He hurt his ankle ___ he was playing basketball yesterday.
Дата: 2019-02-25, просмотров: 599.