Are You Right for the Business?
1. To be successful in business one has to possess a set of qualities that would make him a leader. Effective leaders such as Jack Welch, Bill Gates and Walt Disney brought peace and prosperity to their organizations and have become role models and icons in their corporations.
A leader must be a gifted actor, showing poetic, rhetorical and showmanship skills to drive his company. His performance must be authentic, believable and convincing. Great personal appeal helps a leader to develop trust, a key factor to success in interpersonal relations. Leaders know very well that a client and an employee are most likely to give him what he wants if they trust him.
A leader can be called an ambassador for he or she represents their organization externally and internally, collecting and disseminating information. They are relation builders, salespeople, information acquisitions and teachers who make their employees aware of the company's current priorities.
2. A real leader is always a power engine. No matter how strong a leader is he never has all the power in his organization. He can only accomplish organizational goals by mobilizing others to act in accordance with his plans. An effective leader works with others. He persuades colleagues, solves emerging in-company conflicts, deals with rivals. Sometimes he acts as a despot and a manipulator. His work is similar to that of a conductor, he harmonizes the talents of others as in an orchestra. No matter what he is – a despot or a conductor – a true leader makes his subordinates believe that they have the power to make a difference.
3. A genuine leader is an ardent learner open to new ideas. A continuing process of learning helps him to spot his flaws and take action to correct them.
A leader sometimes becomes a victim. To ensure the continued health and survival of his company, a leader must at times take the blame for problems, perhaps suffer from the loss of power and esteem. In certain situations, a leader, admitting a mistake to his colleagues and partners, gains because of the courage he or she displays.
4. Everyone agrees that leaders need vision, energy, authority and strategic directions. But not many people realize that effective leaders should not be afraid of showing their weakness.
A leader is a man of intuition. He relies heavily on intuition, on his instincts. He is a good situation sensor and can collect and interpret background information. He can sense what's going on without any words.
No one can just ape another leader. So the challenge facing a perspective leader is to be himself, but with more skill.
2. Ответьте письменно на вопросы после текста.
1) What effective leaders do you know?
2) How can you call a leader?
3) Is a leader a man of intuition?
Какие предложения являются верными ?
1) A leader must be a gifted actor, showing poetic, rhetorical and showmanship skills to drive his company.
2) A real leader is not always a power engine.
3) A leader sometimes becomes a victim.
1) Effective _______ such as Jack Welch, Bill Gates and Walt Disney brought peace and ________ to their organizations and have become role models and icons in their corporations.
2) A continuing process of learning helps a leader to spot his _____ and take action to correct them.
3) Everyone agrees that leaders need vision, energy, ______ and strategic directions.
5. Переведите следующие слова и словосочетания на английский язык:
процветание, посол, соперник, дополнительная информация, признать ошибку.
Контрольная работа 3
Прочтите и устно переведите на русский язык с 1-го по 4 абзацы. Перепишите и письменно переведите 1 и 2 абзацы .
Дата: 2019-02-25, просмотров: 220.