Мануйлова Л.Н., Колпакова М.А.
Данный сборник предназначен для развития устной речи учащихся старших классов общеобразовательных школ. Диалоги основаны на лексико-грамматическом материале современного английского языка. Они включают так же идиомы, американизмы, что повышает заинтересованность учащихся к данным диалогам. Тематика диалогов разнообразна, охватывает различные сферы жизни.
The problem of the court in the USA
Customs and holidays
A problem child
My first teaching experience
TV – a national disease
The only way to travel is on foot
What makes a good teacher
All happy resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in it’s
An ideal family – a myth or reality. (What is your idea of ideal family?)
Should drug addiction and prostitution entail legal prosecution? What do you think of the causes of these phenomena?
Married or single?
Books and reading in our life
Television and children
Men make houses, women make homes
Books and reading
Man and music
Customs and holidays in English – speaking countries
The generation gap: myth or reality? (1)
The generation gap: myth or reality? (2)
Problems and prospects of higher education in Kazakhstan
Increase in divorce – a global problem (1)
Environmental protection problem (1)
Environmental protection problem (2)
Problems and prospects of higher education in Kazakhstan (2)
Increase in divorce – a global problem (2)
Customs and holidays in English – speaking countries.
The stricter the punishment, the lesser the crime rate, or is it?
The problem of family happiness.
The profession of a teacher
- I am going to go America to educate there. How that I am eager to clear up some questions about it. Will you help me?
- Of course I’ll do it anyway.
- Nice of you to say that. First of all I’d like you to explain me. How successful applicants are chosen at colleges at leading universities.
- I’ll explain it with great pleasure. These applicants are chosen on the basis of a) Their high school records, b) recommendations, c) their scores on the scholastic aptitude tests.
- Well, I see. But does the system of higher education on the us comprise there categories of institution?
- That’s right. These there categories of institutions are: 1) the university, which may contain several colleges for under graduate students, 2) the technical training institutions, 3) the two – year, or community college.
- Well, I see! But can be they public or private?
- No doubt. These institutions can be private or public and it depends on the source of its funding.
- A future student will have himself in factors determining the quality of education what institutions can you suggest to me?
- The most selective are the old private north – eastern universities such as Harvard Radcliffe, Princeton University, and University of Pennsylvania.
- What can you say about their traditions?
- Certainly. These traditions make a great influence on their reputation.
- What else must Americans also know about universities?
- Everyone has to know information about Professional degrees such as a Bachelor of Law, or a Bachelor of Divinity.
- I don’t want to annoy you? But I’d like to know something about the requirements for a Master’s or Doctor’s degree.
- You may read more detailed information in some handbooks or guides.
- I see, you are not a chatterbox, you prefer to speak in a short way. But explain me the question about the credits.
- It depends on the number of hours of work involved. They are earned by attending lectures and by successfully completing assignments and examinations.
- Are credits for the academic work transferable among universities?
- Yes, they are.
- Many thanks for your assistance.
- Don’t mention it. It wasn’t any difficulty for me.
Дата: 2019-05-28, просмотров: 105.