What did privatization efforts by the Brazilian government contribute to?
I. Переведите письменно существительные (1 - 10). Выберите определения (a – j), соответствующие существительным:
|brand||a) association of two or more persons that conduct a business for profit as co- owners|
|trademark||b) a large company or business organization|
|salesman||c) a piece of clothing|
|cash||d) the making of goods available for use|
|trade||e) someone whose business is to provide goods and services to another company|
|supplier||f) the business of buying and selling goods or services|
|garment||g) money in the form of notes and coins|
|production||h) someone whose job is to help customers and sell things in a shop|
|corporation||i) anything that distinguishes a company’s product from other similar products|
|partnership||j) a name or design belonging to a particular company, used on its products|
Занесите свои ответы в таблицу:
II. В следующих предложениях подчеркните определения, выраженные именем существительным, и переведите эти предложения на русский язык.
1. The American Henry Ford gave two things to the world – affordable motor cars and the production line.
2. There are several ways to measure how developed a country is: life expectancy, education level and real income of the population.
3. We want to increase our market share in Spain.
III. В следующих предложениях подчеркните глагол-сказуемое, определите его видовременную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Many expensive designer clothes are now manufactured cheaply in Asia.
2. We are looking for a more economical way of heating our offices.
3. Some companies have found ways to work in a bilingual market.
IV. В следующих предложениях подчеркните модальный глагол или его эквивалент. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. We have to restructure our company if we want to survive.
2. Governments can change employment and business laws to make the market more competitive.
3. Tax on harmful products like tobacco and alcohol should discourage people from consuming them.
V. В следующих предложениях подчеркните Participle 1 и Participle 2 Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. There mustn’t be any barriers to new companies entering the market.
2. Taxes placed on income and wealth are known as direct taxes.
3. Price is a powerful instrument affecting demand in many markets.
VI. Прочитайте и устно переведите на русский язык весь текст. Перепишите и письменно переведите абзацы 1, 4.
A Family Affair - В enetton
1. Benetton Group is a global brand, based in Treviso, Italy. The name comes from the Вenetton family who built probably the most remarkable family venture of the late 20th century. The Вenetton clothing line was created by three brothers and their sister in a small knitting shop in Ponzano Veneto, Italy. When their father died, the eldest, Luciano, left school to work in a clothing store in order to support his mother, a sister, and two younger brothers.
2. In the mid-1950s Guiliana Вenetton made her elder brother Luciano a multi- coloured pullover. The colours were more exciting than the ones normally used in men’s sweaters at that time. Luciano, who was then twenty and had worked as a men’s clothing salesman in Treviso, realized his 17-year-old sister’s talent. The two siblings sold their bicycle and accordion and scraped together enough cash to buy their first second-hand knitting machine in 1955. And so Вenetton was born. The bright colours in which the original sweater was knitted became its trademark.
3. In 1965 the Вenetton company was formed as a partnership with Luciano as Chairman, his brother Guilberto in charge of administration, their younger brother running production, and Guiliana as chief designer. The firm’s success depends on a family structure which is now rare in Italy and the rest of Europe. Six of their eleven children also work in the company. However, Luciano has also come to include friends and colleagues in the business once they have demonstrated a solid commitment to the firm, which is why he is unconcerned about the group’s future.
4. 4. The Вenetton Group produces over 110 million garments every year, over 90 per cent in Europe. The Italian multinational company has become one of the world’s biggest suppliers of casual clothes. It is a corporation which has now diversified into banking, supermarkets, sporting equipment, restaurants and Formula One cars.
VII. Определите, являются ли приведенные ниже утверждения:
a) истинными (true)
b) ложными (false)
c) в тексте нет информации (no information)
• The Вenetton Group produces over 110 million garments every year, 90 per cent in Italy.
• There are few family businesses like Вenetton in Italy and the rest of Europe nowadays.
• Carlo, the youngest, supervises the sheep ranches in Patagonia.
Занесите свои ответы в таблицу:
Дата: 2019-07-24, просмотров: 135.