Переведите предложения и запишите на правой стороне
1. Many of the earthquakes are strong enough near their sources …
human life and property.
a. to destroy
2. Glacier ice is … from firn.
b. to form
3. To decide is … .
4. Geology helps us … the mysteries of our environment.
5. To recognize valuable minerals it was necessary … their various
a. to know
6. It is difficult to understand the nature of fuels without … their
b. to study
VII. Прочитайте и устно переведите текст
Fossil Fuels: Advantages and Disadvantages
The discovery of fossils for energy purpose has turned the wheel of revolution in the history of mankind. Fossil fuels have the capacity to satisfy the energy demands of the entire world for several hundred years. The modern world greatly owes its technological and mechanical progress to fossil fuels.
Fossil fuels are the remains of plants and animals from the prehistoric era, which have now reduced to hydrocarbon chains. These hydrocarbons are in the form of solids or liquids. Fossil fuels have a very high combustion rate and they release tremendous amount of energy. Most of our fuel and energy demands are met by the fossil fuels.
Fossil fuels have several advantages over other sources of energy:
Fossil fuels have a very high calorific value.
The reservoirs of fossil fuels are pretty easy to locate.
Transportation of fossil fuels that are in liquid or gaseous forms is very easy.
Fossil fuels are easier to extract and process.
The disadvantages of fossil fuels are as follows:
The hydrocarbons present in the fossil fuels, release greenhouse gases.
Harmful gases such as carbon monoxide and sulfur dioxide are responsible for
Extraction of fossil fuels has endangered the environmental balance in some areas.
Leakage of some fossil fuels, such as natural gas, crude oil can lead to severe
Выполните следующие упражнения к тексту:
I. Ответьте на вопросы
1. What are fossil fuels?
2. What fuels does the modern world owe its technological and mechanical progress to?
3. What do fossil fuels release?
4. What are the advantages of fossil fuels?
5. What are the disadvantages of fossil fuels?
II . Подберите к существительным из списка А прилагательные из
|Environmental industrial fossil undesirable natural technological global high||Time progress gas revolution fuels pollution properties warming|
III . Закончите предложения (1-6) их смысловым продолжением ( a - f ).
Запишите их на правой стороне тетради
1. Fossil fuels have increased…
2. Petroleum is the most used form of fossil fuels…
3. Leakage of some fossil fuels…
4. Fossil fuels…
5. Excessive consumption of fossil fuels…
6. Coal reduces the production cost…
a. …can lead to severe hazards
b. …to a great extent
c. …have a high calorific value
d. …has led to the depletion of some reservoirs
e. …the level of environmental pollution
f. … for all types of vehicles
IV . Предложения, несоответствующие содержанию текста, измените в
соответствии с текстом. Запишите на правой стороне тетради и
1. Fossil fuels have a very low combustion rate.
2. Only some of our fuel and energy demands are met by the fossil fuels.
3. Carbon monoxide and sulfur dioxide are responsible for acid rain.
4. Fossil fuels have several advantages over other sources of energy.
5. Fossil fuels are too difficult to extract and process.
6. Fossil fuels release tremendous amounts of energy.
Дата: 2019-02-25, просмотров: 132.